Saturday, January 24, 2009

at work and play

I just spent the last week at my company's training facility. At each level, we have intensive training that lasts a week or two. The entry level training is like a frat/sorority drink-a-thon. Lots of training, alcohol and sex as expected. I guess those of us one level up aren't that much older, but I wasn't expecting what I saw. There were people taking their wedding rings off once they got off the plane.

I get singles hooking up. I even get committed but not marrieds hooking up if that is there thing. However, married people hooking up not in open relationships? WTF!

Perhaps I have some arbitrary moral threshold, that when you actually marry someone, you keep it in your pants from that point on. Isn't the point of marriage commitment? I think people go into it with the wrong perspective. When you get married, or so I believe, you aren't promising to not look at anyone else. You're not even promising to not want to sleep with anyone else. You're promising not to ACT on it.

2 comments:

Alvaro MAM said...

Some months ago some different people over here where telling me the same. They where amazed by the married people taking out their wedding rings for a non barriers fun over there.

Sometimes the way people act over there is a bit sad, but well world works that way.

*kate* said...

It blew my mind. No joke.